Friday, July 11, 2008

Would you like an upsize?

Okay, so my writing style has always been sparse, but the last few posts are ridiculous. I don't really know why I'm updating this blog for anymore, because I think hardly anyone reads it.

But somewhere deeeep deeep down in that dark little tiny space in my hearts of hearts i'm an egotistical exhibitionist who thinks that whatever crap I write is so riveting it keeps people coming back for more; even long long periods of non-blogging and once-in-a-blue-moon posts can't keep them away.

In all honesty, I'm not really enjoying my time in Australia. And i've been pretty vocal about my unsatisfaction, well, to some people. I think there might be more for me to do back in Singapore than what I'm learning here. But fuck it la. Since I'm here already, might as well make the most of it. This change in mindset came surprisingly quick actually; after my first four months of moping and emo-ing here I thought it'd be the same for the next few months after my return from Singapore.

I've been enjoying my solitude since I came back to Aussie. It allows me genuine introspection without judgement. It's like withdrawing into my own world and feeling like I'm in a bubble or cocoon, cut off from the rest of the world.

Why is it so amazingly simple to have a change of perspective, and why is that change in mindset so easily achieved? And after achieving it, why is everything I think and do so different?

It feels like a miracle somehow. I feel happier.

That's a good thing.

Today's a good day.

On a side note, I seem to be delving more into words than pictures lately. This change may be a good thing.