Monday, January 02, 2006

...

it really irks me when people use smirk snigger snicker etc in fanfics. repeatedly. when they clearly have no idea of the connotation of the words.



"giving him a little smirk, she nodded her head sweetly. He sniggered at her response, gently caressing her back."



and people who don't know the difference between wary and weary.



wtf.





*edit*





"The city at night was nothing and everything like the pictures I’d seen of New York. Cigarette smoke laced the corners of every street, lights blazed yellow at nearly every apartment’s window. It was all so exciting, and I was glad I’d brought along my little digital camera. Although I preferred taking pictures with my father’s old one, it was too heavy to bring along to a party. I snapped beautiful shots of the cars zooming past and up at the glittering buildings as the three of us walked the few blocks to where Damian’s friend’s party was."


i really hate it when authors feel themselves compelled to give either the heroine or the hero some lameshit arty farty passion like photography when they clearly know nothing about it.


"I snapped beautiful shots of the cars zooming past and up at the glittering buildings"


which self-respecting photographer with with half a brain would say that?


I SNAPPED BEAUTIFUL SHOTS OF THE CARS ZOOMING PAST AND UP AT THE GLITTERING BUILDINGS.






some people ought to be shot dead.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -






in other news.







i'm having a fucking great time chilling out at home through the weekend.


life is cool.


though i probably wouldn't be saying that once school starts.