Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I am the girl

I've thought about doing this meme for quite a while, since I read the first one. But somehow it is a little intimidating, revealing so much of oneself in front of others. So I'll just "sneak in" a "few" lines here.





--------------





I am the girl who grew up too fast.


I am the daughter, the sister, the cousin, the friend.


I am an artist, a dreamer, a thinker and almost a loner.


I am the girl who look at kids playing on the MRT platform and secretly wish that they'll fall down onto the tracks. I'm the girl who pretends not to see pregnant women on the train but gives up my seat for old geezers. I am the girl who bought 3 packets of tissue from the old lady for $2 but walked past you holding the tin can as if you were invisible.


I am the girl who love animals yet eats meat. I am the girl who love trees yet uses paper. I am the girl who loves the rain yet uses an umbrella.


I am the girl who dreams about soaring with eagles. I am the girl who dreams about swimming with dolphins and manatees. I am the girl who dreams about fame and fortune. I am the girl who dreams that one day, the world would be a better place.


I am the girl who turned down your date. I am the girl who doesn't let anyone get too close. I am the girl whose trust you betrayed. I am the girl who is afraid of getting hurt again.






I am that girl. Who are you?